At Yoko London, we are conscious of the social and environmental challenges that surround the jewellery industry and we strive to work in a way that protects both our people and our environment.
We are confident in stating that each piece of Yoko London jewellery is manufactured responsibly:
- As a producer of the finest pearl jewellery, Yoko London is constantly sourcing pearls of the highest purity, lustre, colour & shape. Over the past 48 years, we have actively chosen to partner with some of the most trusted, environmentally aware and sustainable pearl farmers in the industry.
- Our close partnerships with our suppliers means that we can trace the vast majority of our supply chain.
- All our pearls are matched, graded & mounted by hand in Yoko London’s UK headquarters. This allows us to reduce our carbon footprint and maintain total control over this crucial part of our manufacturing process.
- A guarantee card is issued with each piece of Yoko London jewellery, specifying the origin of the pearls featured in each particular piece.
- We guarantee that every diamond used in our pieces is conflict free and adheres to the requirements outlined by the Kimberley Process.
- In April 2021, we made the commitment to guarantee that over 50% of the gold used in our future jewellery production will be recycled and 100% of our unused gold will be recycled. We source our precious metals from responsible suppliers who have been audited by organisations such as the Responsible Mining Initiative and London Bullion Market Association. This commitment will not only minimise waste, but will also reduce our CO2 emissions. We are working hard to increase this percentage and we aim to be using 100% recycled gold in the near future.
- We encourage our customers to redesign their unused pearl jewellery with us, giving their pieces a new lease of life and minimising waste. This service is offered in our London headquarters.
OUR PEOPLE & INTERNAL PRACTICES
SUSTAINABLE PEARL FARMING